Sri Sri Academy Siliguri’s pedagogy is rooted in the balance of academic growth and holistic education to ensure each student’s all-round development. Classes have been designed to kindle a child’s curiosity and make learning experiential. We aim to be one of the top CBSE school in Siliguri, engaging students through academics -led activities rather than ‘rote learning’.
Apart from the method of teaching, a school’s environment is very important. Overall development is only possible if students have the freedom to grow and express themselves, in order to overcome their inhibitions. Accordingly, Sri Sri Academy’s environment has been designed around this belief —
- Activity Saturdays gives students the option to take up out-of-curriculum activities in school to develop innate talents and turn them into skills.
- Minimal Homework Policy has been implemented so that students are not overburdened with work and can spend stress-free time with their families after the end of their school day.
- While being rooted in Indian values, our approach to education is modern. Therefore, English is the mainstay language of instruction and communication. Sri Sri Academy is one of the best English medium schools in Siliguri.
- Discipline comes naturally for students, through Yoga, Meditation, sports and creative classes. There is no corporal punishment at Sri Sri Academy Siliguri.
- Daily Kriya every morning to restore each student’s body, mind and spirit to its natural rhythm (from Grade 3 onwards).
- Circle Time provides an opportunity to strengthen communication & understanding amongst peers (Only for Pre-Primary).
- English Language Lab to improve communication skills and instil confidence.
- In-school excellence programmes to avoid extra tuitions after school hours.
- The Art of Living workshops such as Happiness Program, Prajna Yoga, Intuition Process, ART Excel and YES are conducted to help enhance skills, attitude & behaviour.
Sri Sri Academy’s academic Programme nurtures each child, focusing holistic development of the body, mind, heart and soul to make them worthy global citizens of tomorrow.
Academic curriculum with a unique set of modules, designed by experts, to give our students a distinct edge.
Technology is an integral part of our lives today, and will play an even bigger role in the future. We familiarise our students with technology and its positive benefits from a young age, which gives them an advantage over their peers from other schools. Technology to play is used as a tool for learning at Sri Sri Academy Siliguri.
Sri Sri Academy is the first school to offer the Apple Education Program to its students. iPads in classrooms make learning more effective and help teachers engage students with over 85,000 educational apps, books, games and videos. Lessons are more immersive and experiential through the power of touch, motion and sound. Students, thus, successfully understand concepts and don’t just ‘mug’. Teaching plans are customisable, and the work students have to do becomes the work they love to do. Students of Grade 3 upwards will be given iPads in a phased manner over the next few years.